sony vaio MoBo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna F. Seyei

Baseband Member
i have a sony vaio desktop and the video has gone out on it. as far as i know every thing else still works does any one know a way to get a video card to over ride the on board video so that i can use this computer again?

Find out the specific model of it to tell if it uses an AGP or PCI-e GPU.. then buy the GPU based on your budget

Find out the specific model of it to tell if it uses an AGP or PCI-e GPU.. then buy the GPU based on your budget

my mobo supports only Pci and i have tried installing a Geforce 5500 3d Fuzionbut to no avail the gpu works fine in my other older pc but nothing in the sony.

Does the computer have onboard video?? If so you may need to go into the bios and turn onboard video off, and have the first video option set to PCI. BTW a model number would be a bit helpful.

Does the computer have onboard video?? If so you may need to go into the bios and turn onboard video off, and have the first video option set to PCI. BTW a model number would be a bit helpful.

cant get into bios because i have no video period. the onboard video is gone.the board is a kirin-v

You could always do what I do at that point, either reset it and pray that works, or look for screen shots of your bios version, and count how many times you have to push each button to get to that option using them screen shots to turn onboard off...

sorry no go on the screenshots. here is some info on my mobo though
Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2550 MHz (18 x 133)
Motherboard Name Asus Kirin-V
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i845GEV
System Memory 247 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award Modular (05/14/03)

Display:
Video Adapter Intel Extreme Graphics
3D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]

Processor Properties:
Manufacturer GenuineIntel
Version Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Processor
External Clock 133 MHz
Maximum Clock 3200 MHz
Current Clock 2550 MHz
Type Central Processor
Status Enabled
Upgrade ZIF
Socket Designation PGA 478

Well... Is there any way you could remote into the desktop? I am not sure entirely on Intel chipsets other than the ones I have worked with, but if your video is part of either the south or north and it is indeed fried, then chances are the board is done for.

But have you also tried the simple things? Different monitor? Trying the monitor on each VGA/DVI port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom