Best Mobo for I7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonga

Baseband Member
i want to buy a pc and i cant figure out wats the best for a gaming pc which would laugh on crisis..............$700 thats all i've.............wats the best.

i want a processor
a gaming board
a power box & chasis
ddr3 ram
an lcd monitor of 19''
a hard disk of 250GB

these are all that i want..............i have

nvidia fx5500 256mb,mouse keyboard,speakers.
Thanks.

Well i gotta goto bed, but to answer your first question:

Either the EVGA X58 or Biostar TPower X58.

For an i7 build + monitor + gpu for crysis will run way over $700. My GPU is enough for Crysis on High Settings and most other games maxed out. You may want to go for an HD 4870 1GB or GTX260 core 216 just to have a bit more longevity and better Crysis FPS.

So short answer, you can't go i7 and monitor/OS/GPU/DDR3 with that budget.

ok then.............................wen do u think the price of i7 would drop?

Is any other processor better or equal to i7 with a lesser price.............?

is a kinston ram a gaming ram?

ok then.............................wen do u think the price of i7 would drop?

Is any other processor better or equal to i7 with a lesser price.............?

is a kinston ram a gaming ram?

i7 pricing probably won't drop for at least a few months.

You can always get a great DDR2/LGA 775 mobo/Core 2 Quad or Duo setup that will be very good and perfect for your budget. If you go that route, use my sig as a guideline, except get an LGA 775 motherboard and an E5300 cpu. The rest is about perfect for your budget when you factor in the monitor and operating system.

Sorry I can't put the links cause I gotta go but this is similar to what I'm building for a friend. A few changes to fit in the monitor.

Intel e5200

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

XFX PVT98GYDLU GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Seagate 7200.12 500gb hard drive

Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks if your going to overclock

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Ocz stealthxtream 500w power supply

dvdrw

couple case fans

When I priced it out for him it was like $570 before ~$80 in rebates. Pick a 19" monitor. You can probably upgrade the video card to a 9800gtx+ or ati 4850 and stay in budget if you can do 700 after rebates then you could maybe grab a gtx 260 or 4870 or upgrade the cpu to intel 7400. Won't laugh at Crysis but it will play it on highish settings.

Sorry I can't put the links cause I gotta go but this is similar to what I'm building for a friend. A few changes to fit in the monitor.

Intel e5200

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

XFX PVT98GYDLU GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Seagate 7200.12 500gb hard drive

Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks if your going to overclock

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Ocz stealthxtream 500w power supply

dvdrw

couple case fans

When I priced it out for him it was like $570 before ~$80 in rebates. Pick a 19" monitor. You can probably upgrade the video card to a 9800gtx+ or ati 4850 and stay in budget if you can do 700 after rebates then you could maybe grab a gtx 260 or 4870 or upgrade the cpu to intel 7400. Won't laugh at Crysis but it will play it on highish settings.

I would avoid rebates unless they are on already great priced items like the Core Contact Freezer. As for your budget, remember you also need the operating system, so $570 + $100 for OS + $130 for monitor would be $800. The 9800GT, or if you want something a bit better and the same price, the HD 4830, is perfect for you. You could also get a smaller hard drive, and ignore the extra case fans, and you would be right in line with what you need. Basically use my sig as a guideline for your build, except use the Intel E5200 CPU and the LGA775 motherboard dario mentioned. My build was $615 after everything (not including monitor) so you may still have to stretch your budget an extra $50 or make exceptions in other spots.

Just a great tip to remember: Your order cost should not exceed your budget. In other words, if your order cost is higher than your budget, but has rebates to make it cheaper, change your order because rebates often take forever or don't even go through at all which makes them useless. This is how many companies get you to buy their items, when in fact the rebate will never go through.

I didn't think about the OS since a lot of times people don't include that in the budget unless mentioned but if he does then yeah it puts a problem in my recommendation. A good chunk of the rebates in that build are from OCZ and their 4 for 4 for giving me the rebates. Just make sure you fill out the rebate right away because sometimes they only give you like 2 weeks to do it.

And yeah if you can't afford a 4850 or 9800gtx+ then a 4830 is a better choice compared to a 9800gt (I put that in there because my friend wanted nvidia). Heres a good deal

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards $30 less intial cost.

I wouldn't bother with a smaller hard drive since a slower 250gb hdd is only going to save you about $15.

I didn't think about the OS since a lot of times people don't include that in the budget unless mentioned but if he does then yeah it puts a problem in my recommendation. A good chunk of the rebates in that build are from OCZ and their 4 for 4 for giving me the rebates. Just make sure you fill out the rebate right away because sometimes they only give you like 2 weeks to do it.

And yeah if you can't afford a 4850 or 9800gtx+ then a 4830 is a better choice compared to a 9800gt (I put that in there because my friend wanted nvidia). Heres a good deal

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards $30 less intial cost.

I wouldn't bother with a smaller hard drive since a slower 250gb hdd is only going to save you about $15.

Good to know OCZ honors their rebates for future reference. Corsair also does a great job and for me was VERY fast with their rebates. I guess we'll wait till he returns to find out what all he really needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom