Doom 3 graphical errors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What resolution are you running doom3 at and what settings (including AA, AF, and/or Vertical Sync)? If you're at 1280x1024 adjusting it to 1024x768 should make a drastic improvement and possibly get rid of that image tearing.

EDIT: Yeah I thought it was pretty freakin stupid for them to put a cap at 60FPS....if my card can do better than that I want to see it is how I feel. They said you gotta do some digging but can enable a 2048x1600 I guess it'd be display. (was reading this on a doom3 review) of course they had FX-53 chip with 2gb of Corsair XMS ram and the 6800 Ultra and crap, but they said on that resolution with Ultra settings and everything on high blah blah blah it was just an amazing site....even some of the doom3 engineers hadn't gotten to see it at such resolution and were amazed.

I usually play on Ultra quality, 1024x768, 2x AA, Vertical Sync ON. I get around 37fps in the timedemo, if I turn the VS off I get around 45fps.

Generally though the in-game framerate is pretty steady throughout; 55-60fps. Drops in certain areas, but still very playable.

Dude....take it off of Ultra quality...thats probably your main problem right there! The Ultra quality is more made for the upcoming 512mb cards! High Settings will be good enough and you won't see much of a difference. Hell at that point you could probably turn on verticle synce and maybe one more step in AA or turn on AF. But yeah...sheesh....take it off Ultra.....I'm willing to bet that'll solve your issue. ANY TAKERS!?!! HUH!?! COME ON JUST A SINGLE BET!?!? :p

Nubius is right. If you enable Vertical Sync and run the game at High Quality, it should be very smooth while remaining synchronized.

aah, u now theres nothing rong with Doom that u cant configure yourself.. if u wont more then 60fps(witch i would if i had it) just google for Doom commands. example- ulimited FPS in Q3 was.. ;com_maxfps 0

u can config it to cap at any fps u wont.

yeah soldier of fortune 2 was the same way. Max FPS was 125 but with the FX5700 card it was the same command actually

com_maxfps 225 is what I had it set to....man it was nice to see it hitting 200FPS regardless if your eye can only see past I think its like...30fps? and anything lower than that your eye catches the lag. But agex isn't simply referring to not being able to set your FPS, he's just saying in general the engine wasn't written well.

I really haven't read anything to agree with that statement so perhaps you have something to backup the claim that the engine is flakey? I honestly haven't done any massive research or even had a chance to play the game so I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom