Which should I buy first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
I want to get a new gpu, probably the 295 because I like top-of-the-line because I don't have the funds to upgrade much (if I do the funds end up going somewhere else and then I'm just stuck with something sub-par down the road). I also am looking at getting the Samsung T260HD (or if somebody has a better suggestion...). I can only buy one at a time and I have a little over 500 now so both of them are in range (they cost the same).

Now I'm wondering if I were to get the monitor first, would my 8800GTX be able to hold me out until I get enough money for the 295 (or whatever is best by the time I buy)? I game alot, mostly COD5, AoC, FC2, and some others.

So what do you guys think?

Hey man!

I would get a GTX 295 first... because a 1920x1080 monitor is quite a jump for an 8800GTX to handle.. as good as a card as it is, its not built for new games at that res maxed out..

Ya good point, when do you think cards with non-reference coolers will come out for the 295?

You should be able to use the 8800gtx for a little longer. I'm using an 8800GTS 640mb with a 1920x1200 monitor and i can max out cod 5 and it runs like butter. If there is alot of smoke then it may drop down to 25-29 fps.

I say get the monitor because the card will probably come down some, and monitors stay pretty consist right? They just bring out new models of the same thing that are just slightly better.

I say get the monitor because the card will probably come down some, and monitors stay pretty consist right? They just bring out new models of the same thing that are just slightly better.

I will agree with this based on a question to the OP. How long would it be till you save up another $500?

Thats what I was originally thinking but I am a little concerned about how my 8800GTX can handle the monitor, maybe I can RMA it to EVGA pretending there is something wrong with it and they will send me a 9800GTX+ =D that happened to somebody here recently so I assume it would happen again. That would be able to handle the high res a little better until I get a 295.

Dario: It could be a few weeks, or it could be a few months, it really depends if I can get any work. I go to school and I don't have time for a regular job so I just do freelance stuff for people once and awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom