Firewire Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
Yea...I bought a firewire card from Newegg. Installed it (properly) and the computer recognizes it and installs the drivers for it. Now, I don't know how to access my camcorder on my computer. I'm running Vista Home Premius 64-Bit...the thing installed the drivers for my camcorder too, but I can't seem to access it anywhere. This is the first time I've dealt with firewire, so I don't know how it works in XP or anything.

Anyone have any ideas as to where I could see my connected devices and access them?

Edit:

I am able to see the device in device manager.

Should be similar to USB, umm did the camera come with special software? Does it show up as a mass media device in My Computer similar to a jump driver or camera?

Should be similar to USB, umm did the camera come with special software? Does it show up as a mass media device in My Computer similar to a jump driver or camera?

I thought it would work similar to USB. Vista makes the little sound when you connect things to it...but nothing shows up in My Computer. It came with software, but I cannot find it right now (misplaced the CD). I still should be able to see the device in My Computer though right?

Depends on if the software adds the ability to see the file system your camcorder uses. Try finding the software on the manufactures website or find the cd.

Yay I needed the right software to stream from my camera. I feel like a complete idiot for not trying Windows Movie Maker first. I thought windows stuff didn't work, but apparently, it works better than the software packaged with the camera LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom