World of Warcraft Vrs. Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, i tried to fix my friends laptop to work with WoW because he has Vista. I have vista as well and WoW works so well with mine but it doesnt with his i was running a diagnostic then after said was done we went over and the WoW patch was downloading then after the patch downloaded we got into the game logged in, and all the servers were down. we double clicked on one and a message came up that said, "Error" then his computer shut down. We re-booted it and now he has blue screen of death. I cant find the cause no matter what diagnostic i run. There seems to be no problem but...obviously there is.

Another question:
Why does WoW work with Windows Vista if its not a game made for Windows Vista? maybe the software meets the requirements. Can one of you Ultra-Techies answer my questions?

Vista is not hugely different from XP. It'll run just about everything that XP did. Even 64bit versions have emulators.

I'd just reinstall WoW. He might have a bad stick of ram. Has that problem happened before?

Best answer: Go to the official WoW forums and support.

It might have something to do with the install. I had a heck of a time patching wow yesterday because my directories are kinda screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom