*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

man i'd way sooner get quick new HDDs or a GPU than a new monitor! you really dont get much going from 22" to 24" and its a pretty decent price difference (i've got a 22" Full HD BenQ... it'll do the same res as a 24" and you'll hardly notice the change in day to day use) but if you spend that price differential on drives or GPUs and you'll get a much better performance increase

I think its totally worth it to get a 24" first. Your typical 22" is 1680x1050. The extra real estate is very handy if your someone that runs multiple apps. Prices are getting lower than before for a 24" so its a good time to grab. The monitor and gpu go hand in hand so the bigger the monitor the more gpu power you'll need. The more gpu power you have the bigger the resolution/ monitor you'll need to utilize it. Its a double edge sword.

man i'd way sooner get quick new HDDs or a GPU than a new monitor! you really dont get much going from 22" to 24" and its a pretty decent price difference (i've got a 22" Full HD BenQ... it'll do the same res as a 24" and you'll hardly notice the change in day to day use) but if you spend that price differential on drives or GPUs and you'll get a much better performance increase

in case you missed it...he's running a 17" crt and is running SLi at 1024x768 rofl.

ahhhh! CRT! ok maybe its time for a monitor upgrade

Yeah upgrade time it is :p

Just put my old parts up for sale not even 20 minutes ago on a local site so we will see how that go's.

Thinking about either a 22" Acer X223WBD or a 22" Asus VW222U since they are both at the $200 mark.

i noticed a pretty big difference between my 22" and my 24". but, im just like that. like 3rd, i like the extra space. plus you can see like a fish in COD4.

I noticed a big diff between my 22" and 23" ...cramming 2048x1152 into 23" makes for one purdy picture :D

Back
Top Bottom