Stretchy graphics in lower resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyanide911

Solid State Member
I've been having this problem for quite a while. I have a 17" LCD monitor, and it's recommended resolution is 1280x1024. I just bought COD5, and my PC barely passes it's hardware requirements. If I run the game at 1280, it's really slow and choppy. So, running it at a lower resolution might make it run smoothly. But, it I switch the resolution to anything below 1280, the graphics become all strange stretchy and pixelated. I remember clearly that I didn't have this problem before my last to last windows formatting.

How do I fix this problem? Please help...

LCDs look best in their native resolutions. Anything less will degrade the image quality.

Also, some of the lower resolutions are for widescreen monitors, which would give you distorted images as well.

But I remember running games like Gears of War fine in my PC at 800x600 resolution, because my crappy PC couldn't run it properly at 1280x1024.

if im right, its a bug in the cod4 and cod5 games, alot of people have it, like when someone dies, they hang from a roof and there arms and legs are stretching to the sky and stuff, might be the same problem your having, dno tho.

Yes, a little better, but it'll still suck. I found out that I need to disable Scaling, somehow. But my monitor is not connected via DVI, so I dont get an option to disable it in the nVIdia control panel. Any other fix available for it?

since you said that you had the Nvidia control panel i assume you have a vid card installed what version is your card I.e how old is it. if its not to old and has a heatsink and fan on the proc. you might want to try to overclock it. theres a decent program called Rivatuner out there that you can get for free from guru.com and there's a bonus to rivatuner it is endorsed by nVidia!!!!!!!! If you decide to try to overclock make sure that you find a decent manual or walkthrough for rivatuner before you start use or you may just burn out your vid card that much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom