Best Mobo for Q9300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard the I45 is a good mobo, but the one that was linked earlier is 50 bucks cheaper and all you're really getting with the TPower is 2 more audio channels, e-sata, and a slightly higher RAM support, which you probably won't use anyway.

If he can grab a 9300 for cheaper than the 6600 on newegg, then I say it's a great deal.

The i45 is a great motherboard. It's good for a 600mhz fsb on air and holds the World record for the highest fsb at ~725mhz with extreme cooling.

With extreme cooling though. Do you think it would really be worth spending the extra 50 bucks on if it's not going to be used to fullest potential?

It depends. If the extra cost of the i45 isn't a problem and you plan on pushing the limits overclocking you might as well get it since t may allow you to get a little more from your cpu. If your on a budget than get the tp45hp since it will give you nearly as high of fsb's but it's cheaper.

I thought the q6600's that come in new batches OC like B2 Phenoms that can't break 3.0ghz without seriously dangerous voltage..

3.5ghz was with the older good batches of the g0 q6600

the G0 i had wouldn't do 3.6 without super voltage, even then it wasn't stable.
3.2 was do-able, but still need way more voltage than i thought should be neccessary.
maybe i just got a lemon.

i think a 50% OC is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom