Monitor: 22” Samsung T220R
Graphics: Gigabyte 1GB GTX280
Ram: 3GB Kingston DDR3 133Triple ??
Hard Drive: Seagate 320GB 16MB SATA
Case: Antec 1200 ??
CPU: Core2duo E8400 ??
Motherboard:
Power Supply:

hmm.. Im not sure what motherboard or psu i should get and as for the ones with questions marks.. im still deciding, so please tell me what to change or get

Im wanting things that is good for overclocking because i wont be able to update my system often
and the price for mother board and cpu please not make it over 300 AUD

This is what im thinking but im open to more opinions and suggestions :D

im very much a noob .. but forgive me im still a kid :D

** sorry budget is around 2000..AUD?? but im pretty sure i have enough money to add a few hundred dollars

im not sure about gigabytes warranties, but be sure you get a lifetime warranty on your video card.

evga offers a great warranty for these.

you can read this to help you pick out your power supply
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/read-first-updated-power-supply-guide-137927/

to be honest, the next psu i buy will be made by pc power and cooling

also, you may be able to afford the i7 920 setup (budget 2k?), if you can, go with that instead
cpu intel i7 920
mobo, x58 board by biostar lga 1366 socket.
ddr3 tripple channel, 1333 is fine i think.

you will be pleased as this is the next generation of intel.

also, dont skimp out on the HD either, get one with 32mb cache. im using a 16mb cache, but i bought this over a year ago.

edit : let me add this in.

you can go a lil cheaper on the video card for now if you must, thats allways an easy upgrade.
your mobo is the hardest upgrade. this is why i say go for the i7 setup as it is a different chipset than that e8000 series.
you can allways just sell a video card and slap in a new one later.

ohh **** i just saw you live in australia, as you probably know, i7 parts and prices are not great here. in that case this will do

cpu: core i7 920
mobo: gigabyte ex58-ud5
ram: corsair xms3 3x1gb pc10600
gpu: gigabyte gtx 260 core 216

leaves about 500 for the rest of your needs. you could chuck in a gtx285 but imho, its just not worth the extra money, overclock your core 216 and itll last you a long time.

An overclocked GTX260 216 is almost as fast as a GTX280, so it should do plenty well. I'd recommend a Corsair 750 TX, or 850TX for a couple more dollars, and a CM 690 computer case.
well the gtx285 is basically a uber superclocked version of the core 216, much like the 9800gtx/+ generation we saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom