"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Got the following email from on of my suppliers for seagate/maxtor drives :-

Dear Sir./Madam,
An important information update about Seagate HDD's as below contents,

Lately,

Seagate announced their HDD quality issue on their official webiste,
please refer to below link,
Seagate Knowledge Base
You can see 「Barracuda 7200.11」「DaimondMax 22」「Barracuda ES.2 SATA」these serial / models are all happen problems,
the problem can not enter into Windows OS,copy files failed (system might hang-up & blue screen...) .....etc.

The models are as below,

Barracuda 7200.11
ST31000340AS
ST3750330AS
ST3640330AS
ST3500320AS
ST31500341AS
ST31000333AS
ST3640323AS
ST3640623AS
ST3320613AS
ST3320813AS
ST3160813AS

Barracuda ES.2 SATA
ST31000340NS
ST3750330NS
ST3500320NS
ST3250310NS

DiamondMax 22
STM31000340AS
STM3750330AS
STM3500320AS
STM31000334AS
STM3320614AS
STM3160813AS

In Japan market,
they all already stop selling these Seagate serial / models,
you can see below Japan news link,
Seagate￾»HDD‚̈ꕔ‚ª”Ì”„'âŽ~'†

Therefore,if your customer feedback any issue related Seagate HDD,
such as : can not detect HDD ,can not enter into Windows OS,or copy files failed (system might hang-up & blue screen...) .....etc....
We can give you some suggestions as below test method,please do below steps to check previously:

(1)Seagate official [SeaTool] test program :
Download Seagate official hard disk tool [SeaTool] to test,
program download area : Seagate Technology - SeaTools
Below is the test method link,
http://seagate.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/seagate.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4672

(2)HD Tune Pro test program :
Test version : hdtunepro_310_trial
To do [Error Scan] & [Health] test

If confirm the HDD has any problem,please contact with Seagate directly,ask them update their HDD special firmware or others support.

I looked up my HDD, and checked the firmware, the website told me because of my revision, I won't need a firmware update, and if I try to update it when it comes out, it will brick my drive, haha.

So it's not every drive that is affected apparently...I just got lucky and got the right firmware. I hope. Cross your fingers.

I looked up my HDD, and checked the firmware, the website told me because of my revision, I won't need a firmware update, and if I try to update it when it comes out, it will brick my drive, haha.

Mind letting me know where you got that info? (firmware version and w hether or not you needed it). I have 2 of the ST3500320AS's.

edit: nvm, didn't see the link to test 'em.

AH crud... I got a ST31000333AS. I have always gone with WD and decided to give seagate a try......:confused: Downloading the seatools now. Hope it passes.

heh, seems like I never post in the right section

Seagate's SD1A firmware update, meant to fix problems with its Barracuda 7200.11 models, only managed to make things worse—bricking the drives of those who bothered to install it. They've pulled the update pending validation.

Barracuda owners who flashed their disks with the firmware found that after they rebooted, they'd receive a system disk failure error message. Backups, if they were stored on the same drive that was flashed, also became unavailable.

If you have a Barracuda hard drive, best follow this forum thread to keep updated on news from Seagate. Hopefully, the next "fix" they release isn't such a mess.
[Slashdot]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom