Inexpensive Dual Fan 585W PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticap

Baseband Member
The power supply died in my CM Stacker tower and there were only 2 places to go to have it quickly replaced.
I selected an Orion HP585D because it was in stock at the repair shop, plus I was paying for labor and wanted to keep the repair cost down.
This model has 2 relatively quiet 8mm fans and is working great.
With a fan in the front and back of the power supply, it provides some extra case cooling capacity too.
It runs noticiably cooler than the 400W power supply that it replaced.
I would recommend it for being a bargain, especially at the online price. :)

4 Reviews:

HEC Orion 585W ATX 12V Ver 2.2 Power Supply HP 585D Orion Switching Power Computer PSU 20+4 Pin Low Ripple Noise Dual 8cm Fans-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

BA22243a.jpg

Lower price:

Product Details

Company product page:

HEC Group, Compucase Enterprise

I noticed with my power supplies, if it doesn't weigh anything, it usually it complete junk. I had one that I ripped out of a tower that weighed about a pound, man was the a piece of junk. It does however seam like a good budget power supply, do you know how bad it fluctuates on load?

I'm sorry that I don't know.
Did you check the 4 reviews?
They seem to indicate that it runs stable.

That is a multi rail psu. Some thing that is unnecessary for that wattage range. its also $24 which means it will break. I would be wary of that psu. Spend some more and buy a quality unit that wont fail on you.

Some folks like me are simply looking for a basic replacement power supply with decent output.

Newegg sells a very similar Orion 585W and the major complaints were about the quality of some of the supplied connectors & wiring, but not very many about the power supply itself.
There's 114 reviews which averaged 4 eggs.

Newegg.com - hec Orion XPOWER585 585W ATX12V 2.01 Power Supply - Power Supplies

My original power supply was even worse than this Orion so I'm happy. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom