Want to Build Multimedia/Gaming machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgray152

Baseband Member
I will be buying some of the "better" parts out there and not cheap alternatives.

I have not been up to date with all the new technology for the past 5-6 years but I do want to get back into it again.

Browsing for motherboards, I see tons that seem like they will make a house fly to the moon.

Im looking for some help with the motherboard pic. Afterall, this is the heart of the computer. CPU brand is non specific. High speed is wanted.

The basic operations of this computer will be;
DVD/CD Player
THX Home Theater Surround. Dolby Digital and DTS certified.
Heavy Gaming and Online Gaming using wireless or wired controls.
Needs to be directly connected to a HDTV.

Obveously video card and sound card will be seporate.

What motherboard will perform very well under these circumstances?

first of all, i wouldn't say the mobo is the "heart" of your rig, more like the foundation of a building... you CAN skimp on it and the building MIGHT still stand up for a while, but do you really want a pile of rubble after a couple years?? didn't think so!

the mobo choice isn't really influenced by any of the things you've listed there... the main 2 are budget and CPU choice... so,

if you wanna stick with Core 2 to keep the budget down a bit, i'd recommend the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P.

if you wanna splurge and grab an i7, i'd recommend the Foxconn Renaissance which was going for about 265 last time i looked

i'm not really too up to date on AMD motherboards, but i know Gigabyte has the MA790GP-UD4H which is supposed to be an absolutely amazing board, but you'd have to ask one of the AMD guys, cuz i've really got no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom