XP SP2 (yay, another thread about SP2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Well, with all the horror stories of installing/uninstalling and compatability issues with SP2, has anyone had any GOOD experiences with it? I had it for a couple days on XP Home and then uninstalled it due to it messing with my downloads and streams, both the original install and then the uninstall went smoothly.

Those of you with SP2 and no problems, what features do you use and how easy is it and are you pleased with the results?

Thanks,
Matthew

Just like any Windows OS, you have to set it up right for you. The new security features are 90% tweakable.

I've had almost no problems with SP2, on both work and home machines.

sp2 installed on work pc. pretty seamless besides some intial config changes. I host installation apps on my pc through our windows internal lan. I run tightvnc for remote access on our internal lan. A few company specific apps needed to be allowed through xp firewall. I use sus server for my auto updates. No problems with my trendmicro Officescan AV

Thanks guys, I just wanted to show some of the people who are curious about SP2 to find this thread and not get discouraged by the many SP2 knocking threads on the forum.

Don't pay attention to all the out-right blatant windows knocking. It's done by "Microsoft bashers" who are like bandwagon yellers. They will bash ANY microsoft product, no matter what, just because it's microsoft. They always bash Windows, they WILL always bash Windows. It's not worth wasting yer time on the blind.

Well, I for one love windows XP, the ease of use, the compatability of programs, the stability, all that jazz. But, I do have issues with SP2, mainly the inability to download off the net, and the issues it has with P2P programs. So, I figure there are good microsoft products and there are so-so microsoft products.

Yeah, the IE downloading process is a pain in the ass. I mean, before you had a continue screen, now you got two! I'm actually surprised, though...They used "RUN" for the command text instead of creating some new word that they could market. That's a first for MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom