rican's Project Phenom 2009 Build Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought. Though if you ever go that route, I remember looking up some nice 1200w PSUs...expensive as all **** though.

That's what I thought. Though if you ever go that route, I remember looking up some nice 1200w PSUs...expensive as all **** though.

Its a one time expense though. Unless he picks up his second GTX 295 at the same time. Then that would just empty his wallet.

I really dont see myself going quad sli.

This is actually my first high end system, and im not much of a benchmark guy. I just wanted to build something really nice and strong and i had been saving up for a while already.

The Crysis thing was a joke, of course. :p The only reason I think anyone should get quad-SLI is for Nos-like purposes. Otherwise, there's little point, obviously.

This is a killer setup for your first high-end system, by the by.

I have a strong psu but nah...for GTX 295 SLI youre looking at a 1kw psu.

actually, the 295 is quite energy efficient... with a decent OC on the GPU and a big OC on a q9550 at full load it only draws about 450W... so an 800W PSU should be plenty for 295 quad fire (it'd be pushing it, but would be enough)... personally i'd want a kW for that, but its not absolutely neccesary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom