Monitor goes black at log-in screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeler

Beta member
I recently started using my computer/monitor that I haven't touched for three years. I bought the computer quite recently (4-5 years ago) and it was pretty pricy. The monitor I've had for quite a while.

So I start it up, defrag, scan, do Start>Programs>Windows Update. It starts updating all these crucial updates I missed, then it asks me to restart.
I restart it, monitor is working fine, shows the Windows XP screen with the blue bar moving, then, BAM, it goes black at start up screen, computer is still running.

I hold the power button to turn and start up comp. Then it shows me a screen, I choose "Last configuration mode that worked" and everything works fine. But if I restart again: same problem.

Im thinking it has to be the Windows update. It probably installed the wrong driver or something? What do I do?

Thanks!!!! P.S. Im not that good with computers/terminology so please keep it fairly easy thanks

hi could you provide a bit more info the make and model of your comp and what operating system your using or rather the service pack that is on it in the meantime i would suggest you read this as it may be neccessary to do this to try to solve your problem Getting into Windows Safe Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom