how do i know, how much to overclock my gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're right, stock cooling is simply the heatsink that comes with the card

increase the clock, then do an artifact test... this way you'll know where you start getting unstable

you wanna increase the GPU clock first... this is the cycling frequency of the GPU core... after you've hit your max core clock, you can go on to increase the memory frequency (which refers to the speed at which the memory bus is addressed)

oh yeah, the issues you've got with Spiderman is not a GPU problem... its more than likely a driver level issue. have you got Hydrid CFX enabled? are you sure your 4870 is set as the primary graphics adapter?

I kn ow that im using the 4870 because i saw a major difference from when i used my hd 3200 (like 50 Fps difference) , but when i go to can you run it, it says im still using my hd 3200, how will i be able to set it as my primary graphics adapter, and as for the hydrid CFX.. i dont know what that is (sounds something like crossfire?, I dont think you can crossfire an hd 3200 and a 4870... or can you?) :confused: sorry im very noob at this. I just simply installed my gpu and installed the drivers on the cd with the updates.

You should go ahead and delete it, you do not need it any more since you are not using it. You should also check for the most recent drivers as the one on the cd are probably dated.

To answer a previous question you had, no you cannot crossfire those two cards.

edit: spiderman web of shadows doesnt seem like a gpu intensive game. Probably a bad install or something else.

What if something goes wrong with my 4870? how would i install the hd 3200 back, i did not recieve any cd's or anything for backup

you do not need a cd to install drivers if you have a internet connect. You can plug a gpu in and it will have a display but the drivers will be need to use the full capability of the card. So if for some reason you need that 3200 in the future you can plug it in then go to the ati site and install the newest drivers

ok i uninstalled my hd3200 and got the latest drivers for the 4870, when im overclock it at the point where i do it 5 mhz below when i get artifacts (so basicly at the highest point of overclocking without getting artifacts) what should my temps be? or my fanspeed?

ok, ill use ati tool for checking artifact but i dont think i need the other 2 links since i already have the ati catalyst which lets me control my fan speed, check my temps and see how much i overclock. Unless the one given to me in ati is inaccurate. When i try to download the atitool it says the "kernel mode driver does not seem to be runnings, a device driver is required for communication with your video hardwared, Upgraded from an older version it may help to uninstall atitool, reboot then install the new version.... But i think this is the newest version.. "
Its still worked though, Ok, the maximum i got was about at 800/930 or i can get like 750/1030 depending the combination of these 2, So my question is What does the memory clock in the game do and what does Gpu clock do, does 1 increase framerate and the other increase the graphics quality because it seems like they feed of each other... if 1 increases the other decreases?
Thx for the help guys
And btw what programs do u guys use to overclock ur processor, should i even oc mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom