Best Mobo for Q9300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodonebales

In Runtime
I've pretty much decided on a Q9300 for my new build. MicroCenter has them for $180.00. So can anyone suggest a few mobos that would serve me well with this cpu? I'm probably going to be looking to spend no more than $150 on a graphics card, and I tend to be partial to Nvidia, but once again, if you guys can convince me that ATi is the way to go, then I'm open to change. I'm trying to stay well under $1,000, more around the $750 range, most likely. Oh, and I won't be needing to sli or crossfire or anything. One gpu is plenty for me. I also like to buy as much as I can from Microcenter, and a few extra dollars here and there to make that possible isn't a big deal. Thanks, guys!

I've pretty much decided on a Q9300 for my new build. MicroCenter has them for $180.00. So can anyone suggest a few mobos that would serve me well with this cpu? I'm probably going to be looking to spend no more than $150 on a graphics card, and I tend to be partial to Nvidia, but once again, if you guys can convince me that ATi is the way to go, then I'm open to change. I'm trying to stay well under $1,000, more around the $750 range, most likely. Oh, and I won't be needing to sli or crossfire or anything. One gpu is plenty for me. I also like to buy as much as I can from Microcenter, and a few extra dollars here and there to make that possible isn't a big deal. Thanks, guys!

an HD 4850 for the GPU is fine (AMD is winning the GPU war in that price range..)..... finding an HD 4870 for under $150 like you asked is hard...

For your mobo, the q9300 is weaker on overclocking than others, because it has the tendency to FSB Hole, due to its low multiplier...

You need a board that can do high FSB, like a TP45HP, or if you are willing to spend more.. a Biostar I45

well it's a trade off, because the q9300 supports sse4 and will hit around 3.5-3.8 and the new q6600's have a bad batch and overclock like crap from what ive heard

they aren't that bad actually, most hit 3.4-3.6 , it just requires more voltage on average than the '07 chips.

Anyway, if you get the q9300 then you need a quality mobo to get that quad to a decent FSB.

I recommend either the Gigabyte UD3 series or Asus P5Q Series

i've gotten mine up to 3.6 on my mobo. that was on stock volts. not too stable but it ran 3dmark06 about 3 times before locking up. added a little more voltage and now am stable. have not had a crash since sat.

well yeah actually, I would recommend the q9300 over the q6600 as well since he will be buying a new mobo.

UD3P like you have would be great as I've seen them bring 45nm quads to pretty high fsbs, and that's not an easy task for many mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom