Is there an NVidia tweak that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chziime

Baseband Member
does this: ATI has an option "Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays". Someone please find one that WORKS ON THE 6800 SERIES AND 61.77 DRIVER.

I've been having fsecond-long flashes to black-screens and weird dots on the desktop on DVI. I'm on Analog right now and it's fine, but I know DVI has better quality. Is there something that can fix this?

Uh...black dots and flashes? All the time or just when opening/closing certain programs?

Check your cable. Check that yer monitor supports the settings.

Analog is only as good as the monitor. DVI gives a lot of people problems, and most people can't tell the difference between analog and DVI on a good monitor anyway.

It only happens at 1600x1200. The blackscreen flashes happen when changing tabs or screens sometimes. The blue dots are in specific areas and move when I move a window. I have a Dell2001FP, so I'll use Analog for now. The only drawback it seems is having to readjust the display with that button when it gets a little off.

But still, is there any tweak like that for NVidia?

Don't think there is a tweak like the for nvidia but I'm not 100% sure. I get the same blackscreen flashes only when I go to Desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced and go to look at my card properties....but thats it

I don't know if this is an issue for your card, but I know it is an issue for several. Some cards can't handle DVI at max resolutions. This could be your problem. Read your manufacturer doco.

lol yeah with the ultra his only option is DVI well besides the analog-DVI adaptor he's obviously having to use for now. How long have you had that monitor? Just read the specs on it and whatnot.....bunk monitor maybe? Unless you've had it at 1600x1200 on DVI for a long time up until you got that 6800. This HP flatscreen monitor I'm on now is the 2nd one...the first one we received half the screen would show lines through it...returned it and this one works perfectly....so maybe thats it?

Also
Some cards can't handle DVI at max resolutions.

He's telling you that Yeah...your Ultra has the DVI connectors but perhaps it isn't capable of handling that 1600x1200 resolution on DVI see what I'm sayin? So it could be the fact that the card just doesn't want to and cant handle that high of a resolution on DVI...maybe your refresh rate is too high with the resolution you are running at. Some monitor will only allow a certain refresh rate depending on how high the resolution is set. Try lowering the refresh rate one level below whatever its at right now and see if that does anything. Normally it'll just hide options that can't be chosen but its worth a shot

Were you reading that from the specs or did you actually right click desktop>properties and see what the refresh rate was at there?

The only other thing I could say is...do you really NEED 1600x1200...I mean that is an insane resolution......1280x1024 is already pretty big as it is, but I guess it's all personal pref...

Well my monitor's native resolution is 1600x1200 and 1280x1024 isn't supported. I can use it, but the size would be off. 1024x768 just seems small for a desktop, and games look MUCH better in 1600x1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom