Not open for further replies.

Goodonebales

In Runtime
How do you guys feel about this build?
CPU: Q9300
GPU: HIS IceQ4 Radeon HD 4850 512MB
Mobo: Biostar TPower I45
PSU: Antec Neopower 650W

Just trying to see if this is a good build, about to go pick it all up.

EDIT: Already have RAM and some of the other necessities.

I'm not sure about overclocking but the Q9300 outperforms the Q6600 at stock. The Q6600 is a fairly old quad now and there are newer ones which are worth looking into. The Q9300 does have a smaller cache however but in benchmarks seems to be the faster option due to it's architecture.

Oh Ethan...;)

yes the q9300 does outperform the q6600 at stock. bong wizard got his q9300 to 3.9ghz and i have had mine at 3.6ghz. so they do fairly well.

that's looking like a good build... the q9300 will perform very well, but takes some patience to OC really well...

and that GPU is really nice... the IceQ4 cooler is just about the best air cooler you can get... i've gotten a friend's one to 780 on the core and 1210MHz on the memory (impressive given i can only get my memory up to 1129, so the VRAM cooling is great)

Awesome, guys, thanks for your advice. I went with the Q9300 already, but it's great to see your advice. I'll try to stay patient with OCing once it gets up and running, and let you know how it goes.

Oh, and by the way, Microcenter also had an i7 920 for $220 when I was there yesterday. Just letting everyone know, that seemed like an awesome deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom