*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

good job bong, and i was hoping i would beat your score :p super pi is being stupid cause i ran it a couple of times at 3.6ghz and it kept giving me errors. so it would never finish. has any one else have these problems?

i was impressed myself! I kept getting "Not exact in round" errors... i think it took about an hour and a half fiddling with the RAM until i got it just stable enough to break 11... couldn't quite make it with the tRP @ 5

^ those are the errors i was getting. i'm afraid to loosen my timings because i'm afraid i might loose slow me up some. didnt put a whole lot of time in to overclocking, did all that in about 45min. but now i've got all day to screw around with overclocking.

you've got DDR3 eh? usually won't perform quite as well in spi because it generally has whack loose timings to begin with... you can usually get stable enough if you get those kinda errors at a given clock, but dont within 5-10MHz on the FSB lower (ie you get errors at an FSB of 495, but not at 490)... you'll wanna work the clock skew settings and get really familiar with the advanced timings

ya i've got some time today. this ddr3 is kindve flaky. it will run stable at 1600mhz but not at around 1450mhz. so it's hard to work with, the timings are pretty good for ddr3 7-7-7-20

Nice 1 hikari.

That 754 is right on par with my old 3000+ venice @ 2.7 :D

Thanks. :p I just wish I could pump more juice out of it, but I don't think I can. Can't push more voltage.

By the by, I found out that I'm also on par with a Phenom 9850, rofl. It gets 35 seconds at stock apparently. That's hilarious to me.

Yeah Phenoms struggle to fill the shoes of their predecessors. I really don't find your results surprising.

I'm just glad it's keeping so cool. I'm not sticking with that speed for a constant use, it's not prime stable...it's staying nice and frosty on the stock hsf at ~28C idle with 2.476ghz, so I'm happy.

Those are nice temps! Especially on a 90nm chip. What do you have it laying outside in the snow?

Haha, nah. Ambient temperature is about 76F, so...24 to 25C. I have a full tower, no huge video card, and three 80m case fans. Plenty of room for air, and the air flow is actually nice for an old aspire case.

It helps that I just cleaned out my hsf for the first time in about...iunno, a year. My fiance smokes, so there was a lot of crap in the heatsink, but everything's running smooth now.

Full load temps maxed out at 52C with prime, but it averaged around 46 to 47C.

EDIT: I was just thinking, my old Powmax case must have had terrible air flow; back when I had it in there with just two 80mm fans, ripping a cd made the temps boost to 55C at stock speeds. I'm so glad I stuck my stuff in this case I had laying around, haha.

Back
Top Bottom