Good Phenom II mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
a thing about Crysis ppl. It's optimized to run dual-core, not quad-core, so u will get a 15-20 fps drop. I did in both Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Solution, upgrade to the latest dual-core and you will get a huge boost. Trust me, i had a 5000+ @ 3.2GHz.

I didnt get any type of drop....my FPS shot up actually.

i think it's maybe the card then. Your using an NVIDIA, im using ATI. Either way before i got 20-35 fps average in Crysis, all maxed. Now i get 15-20 fps average. Wierd huh?

and ur using a much more powerful GPU then mine :p

Im love asrock mobo's this is my 4th build with one, and everyone of them has been rock stable.

Im running the A780GXE at the moment, Havent really messed with any settings yet, due to the stock hsf for my 9850.. I do have it running at 2.8(With just the Asrock Overclock program) tho i feel it could go higher with better fan

I hoped nobody would say that... but I doubt things will get too much better than Crysis, unless people decide to get super high pixel count monitors, or super high refresh rate monitors. :rolleyes: They might make something like Crysis, with uber surrondings but that would be extreme, and almost too extreme for the eyes.

3 years from now you're going to laugh at this ;).

I think I'm gonna go with the MSI platinum 790GX board if any, with that said, I think I'd be just fine with a GTX 260

fyi, i wouldnt if ur going to upgrade to Windows 7. Windows 7 will not support Hybrid GPU Crossfire. Get this one: Newegg.com - ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

or the open box: Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard

790FX is the best one over 790GX, plus this mobo has SB750.

a thing about Crysis ppl. It's optimized to run dual-core, not quad-core, so u will get a 15-20 fps drop. I did in both Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Solution, upgrade to the latest dual-core and you will get a huge boost. Trust me, i had a 5000+ @ 3.2GHz.
i think it's maybe the card then. Your using an NVIDIA, im using ATI. Either way before i got 20-35 fps average in Crysis, all maxed. Now i get 15-20 fps average. Wierd huh?

and ur using a much more powerful GPU then mine :p

I think at the moment, this only applies for ATI cards, I have read several posts around the net in which ATI admitted that its drivers didn't support multithreading, so the dual to quad core upgrade would not benefit ATi as much as it did NVIDIA cards, whose drivers already support multicore. ATi Catalyst 9.12 should better accommodate quad cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom