Mac VS PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate macs...I just realize there's no real point to them. When I bought my macbook, I wasn't a big fan of windows laptops, and I liked the feel of OSX. I kinda equate it to this sort of feeling:

OSX is kind of like your room. It's comfortable. You mess around with the way it looks, hang posters, blah blah. It just feels comfortable.

Windows is like a giant gymnasium. You can do so much with it, but it's not as comfortable. Hanging up a poster in there isn't going to matter much.

That's how I feel, anyway. I would never buy a Mac desktop though. That's even more of a waste of money.

Yeh i can see the appeal of Macbooks, but mac desktops - nope. If you need a desktop, you must need power, something cheap or both - and mac can't do either.

This has got to be one of the calmest Mac vs. PC threads I've seen in, like, forever!

I've never used a Mac (or even an Apple product, come to think about it), so I can't really comment.

Pretty much everyone on the forums knows better then to buy a mac. So its not like we're trying to convert one another into Steve Jobism. Which is why the discussion has been calm.

I recently started using a mac book, and the operating system in ok, a little hard to get used to where thing are from using windows for so long, but it is a little nicer layout. Although somethings are in just really stupid spots. Also they crash a lot more then my windows based laptop. (i don't own the mac book, its my schools)

Add on top of that pratically no customization, or upgrade potential you come to one thing IMO.

Mac = Epic fail to Anyone who knows what they are doing, but they are a very nice/refreshing alternative now and then. Again IMO, some people love them when they get to know them better, but im not one of them. And im not a fanboy for windows.

Also, with a larger market share comes a dramatic increase in malicous software written for it. The Mac OS share now is too low for virus writing arses to bother with, if it got up over the 20% range that would surely change. Im sure they have thought about this at Mac as well, it would destroy their whole 'no virus' campaign.

macs get infected too :| actually there was a topic on this site about how apple had an ad for the no virus thing but they had to pull it because they can so get viruses :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom