Help buying a new gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
I've waited sooooooooooo long to buy a new system. Its bin 8 years since I bought the P4 :D

I'm in search for a gaming system. Have heard that intel I7 is just what I need . Have a budget ov around $900

The good NEWS is dat I don't need a modam in it not even a graphic card or optical drive....(I have a very good graphic card)

Heres what I've come up wid...... Check this out n tell me if their is some thing to improve.....:)

Processor: Core I7 920 (2.66 Ghz)

Mother board: Asus P6T deluxe X58

Ram: OZC DDR3 PC3-16000/2000MHz Blade series. Tripple channal Ram. (3 x 2GB)

Hard Disk Drive: 500GB WD running in RAID

Power Supply Unit: Crossfire 750W

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Monitor: Asus 17" widescreen LCD

Mouse/Keboard: Logitec G9/G15

I dun even know that if this all fits into my budget...........n I'm also willing t wait 4-6 months for drops in prices (if its worth it)

I see a couple of problems 1) You will not have a compatible graphics card. 2) You can't run a single drive in RAID.
Also we will need to know what PSU you have chosen as all you've said is that it's 750W (unless there is a product range called crossfire, which would be pretty cheeky). One other thing is that 17" monitor, most people get larger than that with new builds so unless you already have it and want to re-use then I suggest an upgrade there.
On a side note you must have jumped on the P4 pretty early.

Get a decent 22" widescreen, it will run you about $200~. At the same time it will also be like two 17" monitors side to side.

I see a couple of problems 1) You will not have a compatible graphics card. 2) You can't run a single drive in RAID.
Also we will need to know what PSU you have chosen as all you've said is that it's 750W (unless there is a product range called crossfire, which would be pretty cheeky). One other thing is that 17" monitor, most people get larger than that with new builds so unless you already have it and want to re-use then I suggest an upgrade there.
On a side note you must have jumped on the P4 pretty early.

I'll buy a graphics card later when I have some extra money:D......N I didn't get the second point.......Why can't I run a single drive in raid??:confused:

and back to the monior......I need to squeeze things in my budget:D....But if u guys say that 17" is small then I suppose I can consider it......I hope the prices drop in a few days:(.......Although I do have an HDTV 1080p 46"......Could any one tell me of a graphic card that can handle that screen????:happy:

Thanx for All your help soooo far...Have another Q.....Should I wait for a newer better motherboard or will this do??:)

I'll buy a graphics card later when I have some extra money:D......N I didn't get the second point.......Why can't I run a single drive in raid??:confused:

and back to the monior......I need to squeeze things in my budget:D....But if u guys say that 17" is small then I suppose I can consider it......I hope the prices drop in a few days:(.......Although I do have an HDTV 1080p 46"......Could any one tell me of a graphic card that can handle that screen????:happy:

Thanx for All your help soooo far...Have another Q.....Should I wait for a newer better motherboard or will this do??:)

RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks... you have to have more than one to setup a RAID

unless you plan on OCing ALOT, you wont need that RAM (or that much unless you're doing some pretty gnarly CAD work)... consider this 3GB of G.Skill CAS7 DDR3 1660

you won't need that much power... 600W will be more than enough to run that system (just make sure its got enough amps)

with those changes you should be able to get a decent GPU or a monitor upgrade

I'm not so good with this computer stuff........so I guess I'll go wid "BongWizard"......but what do you mean by a "decent" GPU.....I have a 9800....Its lying usless wid the 5500 since the day I bought them......are they ov any help????:)

I'm not so good with this computer stuff........so I guess I'll go wid "BongWizard"......but what do you mean by a "decent" GPU.....I have a 9800....Its lying usless wid the 5500 since the day I bought them......are they ov any help????:)

If you plan to game on your computer then you'll require a decent GPU. Even if you don't its always wise to throw something in there like the 4670 for light gaming.

Anyways, you should leave some room in your budget for a GPU. Most decent GPU's will run you some where between $150~$250.

if you mean an old radeon 9800 series card then no, thats way outdated... decent is all relative to what you wanna do with it... whatever you plan on doing, a 4830 or a 4850 will serve you very well and should fit into your budget (the 4830 can be found for just $100 and the 4850 will run you about 150-175 bucks)

rite now i dont have any room in my budget...........i'll take those cards after 2-3 months..........Last question.......Is this system worth this much money and time....:confused:..I mean I can always buy an xbox360 for half the price!!!!!!......I'm thinking on changing my priorites:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom