How is this AMD build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The golds are Micron D-9gmh's. They are good for 4-5-4-15 at stock speeds. I haven't seen any other ram for that price do that. And as long as I have been building machines I have been told Patriot is a 2nd or 3rd tier company, Not like Corsair and OCZ. The golds will do fine I can attest from first hand experience.

So I took your guys advice, went with this

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz
MOBO: BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP
GPU: XFX 4870 512Mb
PSU: Corsair 650Tx
CASE: Antec 900 (Combo with the PSU)
RAM: OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1100 X2
CPU HEATSINK: Core Contact Freezer

This build only saved me about $40, is that really better than the other build.

Yes it is. hard to believe I'm sure, but the Phenom 2s are closer performance wise to the older 65nm Intel Quads. The 45nm ones, like the Q9400 are faster, and in this case cheaper. That build will serve you well.

Aww, I came in too late to suggest intel parts. :[

+3989734112 to the build you put up there, matt. Rockin'.

The golds are Micron D-9gmh's. They are good for 4-5-4-15 at stock speeds. I haven't seen any other ram for that price do that. And as long as I have been building machines I have been told Patriot is a 2nd or 3rd tier company, Not like Corsair and OCZ. The golds will do fine I can attest from first hand experience.

So I took your guys advice, went with this

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz
MOBO: BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP
GPU: XFX 4870 512Mb
PSU: Corsair 650Tx
CASE: Antec 900 (Combo with the PSU)
RAM: OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1100 X2
CPU HEATSINK: Core Contact Freezer

This build only saved me about $40, is that really better than the other build.

Yes it is. hard to believe I'm sure, but the Phenom 2s are closer performance wise to the older 65nm Intel Quads. The 45nm ones, like the Q9400 are faster, and in this case cheaper. That build will serve you well.

Woah that system will run anything you throw at it.

+1. The Phenom 2's are only a good option for people who already own amd motherboards.

You guys arent making sense.

The Q9400 and Phenom 940 are pretty much the same in performance...only difference is super pi.

No, it will run crysis. It just wont max it out. Nothing will. I get good frames at 1680x1050 with my rig so he should be perfectly fine.

I beg to differ..the GTX 295 does it with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom