*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

it was -18 this morning in NH. I'm gonna get my wc'ing up and running (once i get a new system together) and hope it's still cold, then just set it all up and just have it running for like a night and do suicide runs in the -20 degree weather in my attic. haha.

lol suckers!

you should fill your loop with an ethanol/water mix and just hang the rad out a window... should get some sweet subzero temps!

nice one phil... but you should be able to go way bigger than that! you'll need a hulluva lotta voltage tho... i know, you might not wanna put 1.5V+ through the core... but sometimes you just have to! lol you'll also want plenty of MCH voltage for bigger clocks too

EDIT: finally got my rig pi stable above 3.9GHz... so here's the best i could do at 3.95... had to whack out the timings a bit (not really that much, but hey, its worse than what i wanted), especially the tRFC and tRRD... anyways, i finally got it going and broke 11 seconds! 10.938 @ 3.953GHz under Vista (cuz XP doesnt wanna run over 3.9 :()

Nice time Phil. I'm OC'ing my 754 at the moment, we'll see how that goes.

So far I'm at 2420mhz, up from 2200, and stable...not sure about the VID, though, it was 1.5 at stock.

With a Prime95 stress test, the highest temp I've seen is 52C.

EDIT: Ok, so I maxed out what my hardware could handle:

pi2.jpg

Shaved almost 6 seconds with a 352mhz OC. Which isn't stable; it just doesn't throw up a BSOD. It seems to be holding stable at 2.476GHz, though.

thats a pretty nice time for an older AMD core... what're your timings looking like?? you might be able to cut another 1-2 seconds off that if you make sure the HDD and memory are performing to their best

I hope the HDD is performing at it's best, it's a fresh install of XP on my new 1.5tb. I also killed almost all background programs, including my AV, haha. Grabbed an extra second that way. I can mess with my RAM, but I'm not quite sure what to do. My RAM isn't exactly awesome, it's 2x 1gb DDR400 3-3-3-8. My old RAM had a cas of 2.5, but it's the same Corsair ValueSelect stuff, and it's 2x 512mb sticks.

Suggestions?

nice one phil... but you should be able to go way bigger than that! you'll need a hulluva lotta voltage tho... i know, you might not wanna put 1.5V+ through the core... but sometimes you just have to! lol you'll also want plenty of MCH voltage for bigger clocks too

EDIT: finally got my rig pi stable above 3.9GHz... so here's the best i could do at 3.95... had to whack out the timings a bit (not really that much, but hey, its worse than what i wanted), especially the tRFC and tRRD... anyways, i finally got it going and broke 11 seconds! 10.938 @ 3.953GHz under Vista (cuz XP doesnt wanna run over 3.9 :()

Wow, that's a awesome clock and time. Nice job.

good job bong, and i was hoping i would beat your score :p super pi is being stupid cause i ran it a couple of times at 3.6ghz and it kept giving me errors. so it would never finish. has any one else have these problems?

Back
Top Bottom