problems with winxp pro after sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1978

Solid State Member
okay, another problem it just never ends. I installed xp pro and installed norton antivirus 2004 immediately and then updated norton and I installed the service pack 2 and all other ciritical patches. after doing that whenever I connecto to internet it says page not found. I dont know why because when I connect the cable modem to the internet to connect to norton update it works fine but cant access internet when I go to IE. Now i did this on my p2 pc and I thought it is just a crap system but the same thing has happend to me when I built my pc it is a p4 and 512 and 80 gig hard drive. i sometimes get the internet connection to msn but if i ttype google or back to msn refresh I get the page not found? what could be the problem? please help.

Has anyone else faced this problem with winxp pro after t hey have installed sp2?

okay forgot to mention one thing, when I go to dos cmd and type ipconfig it gives me an ip address and everything right now I justs started going to IE and on msn it worked but when I clicked on hotmail link it should me no page found.

some times u need to try a few times for it to get to the page. my dsl is like that, its annoying. i have sbc yahoo. What do you have? try looking at ur ip settings in network conenctions.

thanks for your help but the thing is i never had this problem when i was on my p2 with windows 2k and I have a laptop with windows xp home edition and when i take connect thye cable modem to my laptop it works fine with no problem it is just with the desktop that it is giving me problem. I don't think it is a cable connection problem or my internet provider. by the way it is shaw cable in canada.

hmm, can u even get to the site if u try a few times? maybe u got dns problems. check to c if u got the right dns server typed in ur settings, unless u get it automatically from ur isp

i would try disabling the firewall and popup blockerand all that security sp2 crap jus to see if that is whats funkin with ya

Im not very sure if this has happened only to me after installing sp2 .My boot screen has changed a bit.It doesnt display "Windows Xp Proffesional"loading ....it just shows "Windows Xp"
Its kinda weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom