system build rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've changed my mind for the motherboard, sending back the old one and purchasing an Asus P5Q3 DELUXE WIFI-AP@N Motherboard S775 P45 ATX RAID SATA Gigabit LAN WLAN. Im confused as to what ram this board can take, it does say DIMM 240pin so will it take DDR3 SDRAM? Also which ram is better just DDR3 or DDR3 SDRAM? Thanks for the help

Matt, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the E8500 just an E8400 with a bumped up multiplier? At least, that was what I thought.

Yes but From what I understand you have a better shot at an E0 if you get an e8500. I might be wrong.

I've changed my mind for the motherboard, sending back the old one and purchasing an Asus P5Q3 DELUXE WIFI-AP@N Motherboard S775 P45 ATX RAID SATA Gigabit LAN WLAN. Im confused as to what ram this board can take, it does say DIMM 240pin so will it take DDR3 SDRAM? Also which ram is better just DDR3 or DDR3 SDRAM? Thanks for the help

DDR3 and DDR3 sdram are the same. Its just different ways of saying it. All DDR type memory is SDRAM so most of the time that part of the name is dropped because it is assumed to be so.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but P45s can use DDR2 and DDR3. And the desktop sticks fit the same form factor. By getting DDR2 you can save some cash and still get good performance. There really isn't a point to get DDR3 unless you are building a Core i7 system, in which case you have to use DDR3.

well after some checking I found out it will either use one or the other. In that case I recommend not getting that motherboard. You shouldn't spend the extra mullah unless you are going i7. Get a DDR2 motherboard. The core2 boards are very finicky when it comes to DDR3 and are only dual channel so you really lack the full benefit.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

this board is a smart choice. It uses DDR2 and is a great performer. It lacks some of the bells and whistles of the Higher end ASUS but they aren't totally necessary to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom