Ocing probs.. Biostar i45

Status
Not open for further replies.
"there is no going in unlinked mode and easily overclocking it"

You just reminded me of that.. thats what I used on the 780i to get 3.5GHz stable..

You saying this board doesn't support unlinked mode?? Jeeeeze.. I wonder why..

Multi: 13x
FSB: 270
CPU: 3510GHz

Booted into windows.. stable so far.. (probably will get a blue screen after a while)

Is the CPU Voltage too high? Can I run it at 1.52V all the time if Intel says the max is 1.4V? When I try to change it in the BIOS all that shows up is 1.6V and default.. ?? all of the lower choices that were once there have vanished..

If I got a Q9550.. I wonder how it would be to overclock it..

Currently running 2x 'GO SP2004' as a stress test.. I don't wanna jinx anything.. but it's working fine at 3.5GHz so far..

System seems to be stable.. now as long as I don't get that black checkered screen again everything is fine.. this CPU is hard to OC.. and it doesn't go far.. 3.5GHz is probably the highest I will ever get out of it..

Now at 3.470GHz.. My screen all of the sudden got those black rectangles all over.. i am going to install a new display driver.. although I think I have the latest.. I went back to 266FSB.. if it happens again.. then that will rule out the GPU..

You just reminded me of that.. thats what I used on the 780i to get 3.5GHz stable..

You saying this board doesn't support unlinked mode?? Jeeeeze.. I wonder why..

Nvidia chipsets are the only ones with unlinked mode. Just watch you ram speed and adjust the fsb:ram ratio to keep your ram at stock speed or lower for the time being. Once you get your cpu oc stable at the clock you want you can work on overcloking the ram.

I have the same mobo and there is settings to adjust the vcore little by little. From what I have been told the max for intel is 1.5v, going over that will fry it quick. You shouldn't be that high from what I have been told.

see. here's the kicker. you don't need to oc your ram... leave your fsb alone and your ram will stay the same.................. if you just up the multi then you're fine. and a higher fsb doesn't really do much in terms of speed..

Q9550 upgrade from a QX6700... Q9550 doesn't have an unlocked multiplier.. but.. if I did change the FSB to overclock it would it be easier than it is with the QX6700? I mean I can hardly move the FSB for some reason.. The computer just won't let me boot up if I do. The 780i seemed to give me more FSB room.. it's probably though that I am not used to this board and I need to learn all of its settings...

the QX6700 was a pretty sorry excuse for an extreme chip (the Q6700 OCed alot better than it)... but yes, you will be able to get much better FSB OCs with a yorkie... plus, the streamlined instructions will give you better clock for clock performance, so even if you cant manage to hit the same clocks (which you really should be able to), you should get similar performance

its your ram multiplier dude. that and auto voltage = no bueno.
its very simple...90% of the time BSOD = RAM
the other 10% of the time you are on your own. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom