Easy Tune 6 Noob Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys , I just finished my build , and after some trial and error , got it all set up , and am playing games , browsing internet , etc... This thing is very fast compared to what I 'm used to! Here are the specs:

1. Western Digital Caviar WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache
2. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz
3. GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P mobo
4. SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 graphics
4. ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 cpu cooler
5. Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit.
6. OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
7. Antec P182 case.
8. CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply.

I have used EASY TUNE 6 to overclock to 3.6. My cpu and graphics card always stay cool , cooler than I expected. Do any of u use ET6? Opinions on it?

Agreed, you shouldn't use software the overclock the CPU (only use software to OC the GPU); it's much less stable than a BIOS overclock.

go through the BIOS and add some voltage manually and you'll be able to go way higher on that chip!

the easy tune is exactly that, it is easy compared to the bios. but it is always better to overclock through the bios. and easy tune lets you change voltages inside of windows too.

its wicked unstable tho... i tried it out a while ago just to see if it would actually let me dynamically shift from a mad OC to wickedly underclocked with appropriate voltages... it went up to 3.7GHz @ 1.39V just fine, but when i brought the CPU back to 1.5GHz and cut the voltage to 0.91V it BSODed me (and i know those voltages work, cuz i've tested them through the BIOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom