to what GHZ can you OC the P4 3.6GHZ chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gl\l0m!$h said:
amen to that
seriously though u can build a dell for like 200 lol

no ya can't. you can't get teh cheap@$$ parts that are from like the 80's that are just shrinked. :D ;)
plus they probly get everything for lik $.05 so no wonder a) they're making money. b) their computers suck

With a AMD processor (latest) using:
Air cooling (good quality) users should be able to squeeze out 400MHz to 500MHz,

Watercooling you should be able to get out 600MHz to 700MHz,

VapoChill should boost performance by ~900Mhz.

With an Intel Pentium processor:

Using Air Cooling users should be able to get ~500MHz,

Watercooling increases performance by upto 800MHz,

VapoChill and these beauties can be juiced by upto 1200MHz.

ocing a chip will kill it thogh(sooner or l8r)lol,ever heard of electro migration lmao,but I love to see what I can get out of stuff also lol,but I didnt know the new intel pentiums were running cool enough to oc that much,man they have to be running hot even with water not including the nitrogen lol.Intel was having alot of overheating problems due to the air cooling limitations of their cpu`s under a load,I guess maybe they fixed that???

by the way even keeping a cpu cool will not prevent it from eventualy dying due to the restrictions of the hardware,for instance a copper 2/0 wire will only carry so many amps for so long,eve if cooled down ic can still only limit out at so much.

ocing a chip will kill it thogh(sooner or l8r)

Not if you do it right and know what the hell you are doing. It'll shorten the lifespane but the lifespan is like 50,000 hours so oh no you'll probably have 45,000 instead of 50,000 hours.

I think you'd sooner have to worry about EMI than electromigration, but I don't know...eitherway I haven't heard of any overclocker post on the forums due to 'electromigration' failure.

Some details on electromigration if anyone cares :D :

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Electromigration

EDIT:
by the way even keeping a cpu cool will not prevent it from eventualy dying due to the restrictions of the hardware,for instance a copper 2/0 wire will only carry so many amps for so long,eve if cooled down ic can still only limit out at so much.

This is true, BUT in the case of processors people have had a lot of successful overclocks lasting for up to 2 years strong. I don't know how often that actually occurs though =/ But generally if you can overclock your system and run prime95 for 12 hours straight and have no stability issues then your computer will be fine and last you until your next upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom