The old Rivals Ati vrs Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvidia_Junkie

Beta member
I am building a new computer and i am wondering which is better Ati or Nvidia and why? because right now i think im gonna go with a Nvidia 5700LE unless someone convinces me otherwise. thnxs for your suggestions. :D

EDIT: If you are trying to choose between a previous generation card (FX vs. Radeon 9), always go ATI, which smashes Nvidia in the benchmarks. If you are wanting a high end card, nobody in their right mind would go with ATI. GeForce 6800 is the king.

Suppose you are going for the FX series...don't get LE...I had a 5700 256mb card ..not ultra...not le...just the inbetween series..and it performed great! But then again I never did research and reviewd benchmarks of ati vs nvidia during that series. I've heard nothing but 'Ati is better in previous series' but I honestly can't tell you. All I can say is that my GeForceFX 5700 256mb card kicked ass.....right before it burned out 2 months later :p Don't get chaintech! I agree with the 6800 vs X800 though......I've heard nothing but complaints and 'fixes' and 'tools' for ATI for those struggling ATI Fans to say 'Nah look its as good' but in reality it isn't....

Notice I said: "I've Heard..." so I'm not stating stone cold facts here....but like I said my 5700 was pretty dern good and don't get LE if you do get nvidia.

BTW: Beware cause you probably started a nice flaming thread of angry nvidians versus ATItans :p

Nvidia junkie is this the card you were gonna get Here

because i was also thinking of getting this card. I have *heard* lots of ppl say that ati is better aswell, and well i tell ppl i might get this they all say i should get an ati card.

What is the equvilant card to this in the world of ati coz i havent got a clue.......same price and features etc.

Thanks

image005.gif

Wow, the GeForce FX 5200 is actually worse than the Radeon 9200 64MB or the plain Radeon 9000. I didn't expect that.

Wow, the GeForce FX 5200 is actually worse than the Radeon 9200 64MB or the plain Radeon 9000. I didn't expect that.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/fx_desktop.html

Mainstream Models: Cinematic Graphics Power The GeForce FX 5200 GPUs and the GeForce PCX 5300 GPUs deliver the performance you expect from NVIDIA graphics: with best-in-class features, performance, and reliability at a great price.

Performance Models: Dominate Your Games Designed for high-performance gaming, the GeForce FX and GeForce PCX 5700 GPUs deliver cinematic effects, unmatched features, and rock-solid stability for next-generation games.

the FX 5200 wasn't MADE for gaming people..yeesh....read up on this stuff...it wasn't meant to perform for massive gaming like the GF4 Ti which is the high end PERFORMANCE MODEL....gotta know about your hardware before you start laughing at it.

Like said in a earlier post if you want to spend 400+ on a video card i suggest getting the 6800 GT its the best bang for your buck right now. but if your gonna get a older card i suggest sticking with ATI ive had 4 cards in the 9000 series. the 9000,9200 pro 9600 pro and 9800 xt and all cards were better then my nvidia cards at the time. nowdays though get 6800 over x800 unless u have pci xpress then the x800 XT is alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom