Building my First PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have both already, and the video card on the mobo is more than adequate for moderate gaming and graphic stuff. The onboard sounds should suit you fine unless you record music professionally.

After that, all you need is the HD and the monitor, and you're good to go. Unless you need keyboard/mouse/speakers of course.

If you want a quad core I would wait a few weeks for the price drop in the Intel Q9400. It is faster than all of the AMD quad cores mentioned and should be $220 when the price drops.

Thanks for catching that, Hussein. I wasn't paying attention, haha.

That's a much better system for an extra 45 bucks or so.

If you want a quad core I would wait a few weeks for the price drop in the Intel Q9400. It is faster than all of the AMD quad cores mentioned and should be $220 when the price drops.

So she waits a few weeks for the Q9400 price to drop. When in a few week the 925 (95 tdp) will be out and most likely still a cheaper alternative then the Q9400?

Well, since I'm going back to school next week and my books cost about $350 more than I had expected - looks like I'm going to have to wait a few weeks anyway. Thanks for all your help guys for now, I really want to understand how to pick out good parts and know what's compatible and what isn't. Where did you guys learn it all?

I'm so scared for when I actually put this together. You spend so much on parts, and a little mistake could ruin it. I could probably buy a computer that would suit me just fine on the market, but I think it's important to learn how to build a system - especially if I want to call myself a computer science major.

Questions actually, how do I redeem Newegg Rebates. The PSU and Memory came in the mail, but I don't know how to get the mail-in rebates for them.

there should be a lnk for the rebate on newegg's product page. when you get the item, you print the rebate form, fill it out and send it where it needs to go with a copy of your invoice. make sure everything works though, lots of times rebates require the actual upc from the product, and if you cut it out it makes it harder to RMA stuff if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom