Burning Media Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
hi mate,no point in me putting post in general help no one helps,your the man i have a dell 1545 inspiron laptop,and noticed it had roxio on it so i went c:\programm files roxio,and deleted everything,but my problem is that when i am burning movies,say the movie is an 1hr 58min long,nero is doing it in 58mins,i take it thats because i have 2 processors,but when i go to watch the movie it has awkward and long pauses in it,i have had the same result with convertx,and when using nero i am burning 8x,in device manager,i have noticed yellow triangle,next to microsoft6to4 adapter,when i go to update the driver,it says best driver is installed and up to date,i dont think this is the problem with my burning,but you know better than me.
thank you in advance

Re: hi guys

Sorry but you are not making your self very clear, are you just having problems burning CD's and DVD's?

i have sorted the microsoft 6to4 adapter,i now just have a problem with burning,now say a movie was 1hr 48mins when i goto burn it,it does it in 48mins,i am no expert,but i think thats because i have 2 processors,or am i wrong,the films start ok then 10 mins in it pauses i wait for 5min it plays again,and the graphics are all messed up on the screen

Do you mean you have a dual core processor or that you have two physical processors, eitherway that would not hinder the burning of media to a disk.

What software are you using to burn the disk?

The number of Processors is not really relevant. As using a Dual Core or Quad Core CPU for movie conversion would take less time than the actual movie itself. This is because a movie conversion at this time is mainly a CPU related process. So having a Dual Core or Quad Core CPU will reduce the time needed to convert since all cores will work on the conversion.

It just sounds like the burn is getting corrupted. Try reinstalling Nero and Convertx.

i have intel dual core,and i am using nero,i am also getting faults with convertx,i had roxio installed on this dell 1545,when i bought it,so i removed it as i tried it on xp,on my old computer and i had to do a full reinstall of my xp,it messed up everything,hence the reason why i removed it and its nero8 mate

i have already done unistall and reinstall off both,but what i have noticed looking on the underside of the disc when burn is complete,there is no mark,as with burninig with my old computer,there was a circular mark which went in about 5mm,from the outer edge of the disc.

Try burning at the slowest speed. What kind of discs are you using?

Also, don't use Nero...it just plain sucks. Use ImgBurn, or one of the many other free burning tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom