Selling Old Computer; Price Estimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir

Solid State Member
I'm selling my old computer to a guy at my work. He said "Give it to me for the price you think is fair."

What I'm wondering is, how much is fair? I don't want to over charge him even though I could, so what is the fair price for the following:

Intel D850MD Motherboard
Pentium 4 1.6GHZ Processor
Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600
40GB Maxtor IDE HD
512 Rhambus Ram (RDRAM)
12-bit Soundblaster Card
DVD-ROM Drive (16x)
CD-RW Drive 20-10-40
3.5 Floppy
Altec Lansing POS Speakers

I was thinking around $300-$350. What do you say? I don't want to give him a good deal, I want to give him a fair price for the both of us. Thanks :p

Sir said:
I'm selling my old computer to a guy at my work. He said "Give it to me for the price you think is fair."

What I'm wondering is, how much is fair? I don't want to over charge him even though I could, so what is the fair price for the following:

Intel D850MD Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600
40GB Maxtor IDE HD
512 Rhambus Ram (RDRAM)
12-bit Soundblaster Card
DVD-ROM Drive (16x)
CD-RW Drive 20-10-40
3.5 Floppy

I was thinking around $300-$350. What do you say? I don't want to give him a good deal, I want to give him a fair price for the both of us. Thanks :p

Go to www.tigerdirect.com and see what they are selling refurbs for with similar specs. I believe $300 is a fair price.

Sir said:

Intel D850MD Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600
40GB Maxtor IDE HD
512 Rhambus Ram (RDRAM)
12-bit Soundblaster Card
DVD-ROM Drive (16x)
CD-RW Drive 20-10-40
3.5 Floppy

right on the money

Thanks alot for the replies. This is a really nice forum with speedy responses, and people who know what they're talking about. :D

Would also agree. $300 will get him a pretty decent system. The processor is kinda weak but he could easily update that...but the video card is pretty good! 512mb is a good number to give him too....if it were 256 id say like $275...plus a good soundcard! Having a CD burner and dvd-rom is a nice combo..got that myself...I don't have a floppy so I hardly consider those worth anything...although its a very scary time when flashing the BIOS and not being able to create the backup lol.

I agree with everyone else $300 sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom