Fps drops while playing FEAR, 8800GTS 512mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying about the low resolution. But I do not think that this a just a frame stutter or fps spike. And I don't believe the game is coded poorly. I could be wrong too.

And this does not happen in a certain spot in the game. Every time it happens a minute or so after I start playing, no matter where I start like clockwork. And it is not just this game, people are having the same problem is other games.

well the fact that low res works perfectly, leads me to believe it's a gpu issue.. is it on a specific card or core architecture (like g92, 8800gt/gts)? Cause there is some talk about issues with newer drivers on the g92 cards. try like 170 or something..

i assume that card isint over heating is it? try some older drivers too. also i would not hurt to try those beta forceware v185 that are floating around on the internet.

No the card is not overheating.

I will try some different drivers and post back when I found out anything.

It seems this problem has to do with mainly the G92 but there are a few that have different cards like a 7600GS and the newer cards GTX280 or something like that.

I just want to make sure, how do I go about uninstalling the driver? Do I completely uninstall it or do I rollback to the previous driver?

^Nevermind about that last part.

I found out that it is not the video card. I forgot I had a ATI Radeon x600 card. So I took the 8800 out and stuck the ATI card in there and the same thing still happens, it just took longer for it to happen. Could this mean it is a motherboard problem? If not, then what could it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom