pc wont recognise hdd or maybe im stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8killaz

In Runtime
so i have a 300 gig pata hdd not sata, and i want to put thing thing in my box for some more space

right now im running xp 64bit
and have a 250 gig sata connected as my primary drive

now whenever i put this hdd in the bios recognises it and xp says the device is working properly but it doesnt show up in my computer

how do mi get it to show up

thanks

Have you formatted it to a recognizable format that XP will see? If not go into disk management and format the drive to NTFS.

You might need to enable the drive first then. Are you right clicking on the drive on the left column or the right? In order to format you need to right click on the right column.

You might need to enable the drive first then. Are you right clicking on the drive on the left column or the right? In order to format you need to right click on the right column.

ok heres what im saying,
when i click my computer the drive wont even show up anywhere so i cant click the drive

if it showed up my problems would be gone

ok heres what im saying,
when i click my computer the drive wont even show up anywhere so i cant click the drive

if it showed up my problems would be gone

You have to go to the "Disk Management" to format the drive when it's not listed under the "My Computer"

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management

Baez was giving you instructions for disk management not my computer. Get into disk management as brinks says or you can get at it this way.
Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.

Baez was giving you instructions for disk management not my computer. Get into disk management as brinks says or you can get at it this way.
Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.

yes i tried this too
what happens is

a window comes up that recognises the drive but i click ok and it gives me an error
hold up ill get the error from the log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom