something is over heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
well i put everything back into the case. i have 4 scythe ultra kaze fans in a nzxt apollo, i have sli 8800gts' g92 and a q6600. everything is stock atm im instaling my new seagate barracuda 500gb 32mb cache. i have 3gb memory 1 gb crucial 2 gb no name stick. now my problem is my system would boot and after a litle while i would get a bsod. then it wouldnt boot id have to wait about a minut and it would boot back up. my guesse was that it was a heat problem so i took the side panel off and put one of those big square house fans on it no bsod since. so my options are sell my 2 gpu's hold out with no gaming for a litle bit buy a silve stone raven for 269.99 would solve all my cooling issues. or it oculd be my no name memory with no heat spreader, and i could pick up these Newegg.ca - Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory at there incredible price of 57$. but if it isnt the memory im even more in the hole for cash. finaly i pick up a gtx 280 and hope it is the 2 gpu's over heating.

my cpu has good contact im running 28c idle.

so once again options are
-no gpu stick with an x300 for a few months buy silverstone raven.
-buy patriot memory and hope it is the problem.
-do nothing buy new gpu hope it is both cards causing over heating.

I thought you already sold those cards?

you could try taking out 1 of those 8800gts and/or try running just 2 sticks of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom