What OS to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are fine, I shouldn't worry to much...i'm not planning on using it for extreme 3D gaming....I might as well get the Alien ware Desktop and it'll be cheaper...I'm doing digtial anime art and what not...I think i'll be fine with a 3Ghz HT processor with 512DDR RAM...those are actually slightly more common than you think.

yeah, they are... but like I said it depends on how intense graphics you're doing. movie quality, then you'll want one of those power house cards.

You're right...well I decided that I sitck with ol tried and true Windows XP...besides I want to do some programming as well. Plus, to my knowledge I don't think there's many Language compliers for Macs anyway. Most are for windows and i'm starting to get familiar with Windows IDE. Learning and doing programming on a Mac might be harder. Plus, I love the command prompt...

Also when Windows Longhorn and Blackcomb comes out years from now...i'd like it upgrade to try it out. I hear it's going to be a blast lol

So I might start computer shopping soon...TheMajor recommended a Toshiba brand for a laptop and they are nice but I want some other opinions or maybe a pros and cons list of the other brands such as Compaq, Sony, etc

U-Toast said:
im talking bout suse 9.1 tho. maybe 9.1 pro has more, but its not free i think, i cant find it online

Its free. You just have to download it from theyre FTP server.

And, Suse 9.1 comes with more then 1 cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom