Picture not filling monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
Recently I had to re-install windows vista due to a hard drive failure, I replaced the hard drive installed vista and installed the drivers for my HD4850. My monitor is naturally 1920x1080 but when I set it to that resolution it does not fill the screen, it used to fill the screen when I had the other Hard drive but it does not now.

All help is welcome :)

I set my resolution to 1920x1080 the natural resolution for the monitor and the picture is not taking up the entire screen, the picture is in the middle with wasted pixels around the edge about an inch, I will draw up an example in paint.

EDIT

Here is a rough drawing in paint of what it looks like:

diagram.jpg

There is only a auto adjust for VGA, I am using HDMI and there is no auto adjust.

try the auto adjust for the vga. it might do something. haha. also check in like properties and display and make sure it runs at that setting.

^ I tried the auto adujust for the VGA, it went fullscreen but the highest res I could get was 1440x900 so I put the HDMI back. Yes the monitor can handle 1920x1080 here is the link to what I got

Newegg.com - ASUS VH222H Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor Built in Speakers 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR20000:1) w/ SPDIF out - LCD Monitors

EDIT

I got it to go to 1920x1080 with VGA, I had to change the refresh rate from 75 down to 60.

EDIT

I got it fixed so it goes full screen 1920x1080, I had to change the refresh rate from 75 to 60 and then it let me change the scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom