dell 1545

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize just enabling the hidden admin account diabled the UAC Mak. Sorry I didn't mean to sound as if contradicting what you suggested, i just didn't realize that would solve the issue.

So would he log in as the new hidden admin?

Yes. Once you enable the account when you log off you will now see Administrator as a account that you can log into. From there you will not be prompted by UAC anymore. There is a way to do it with regular accounts as well. I tested myself and it works.

Looking at my screenshot i posted above look at the option for UAC: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users. If you set that to Elevate you wont see the UAC anymore either.

*NOTE*

These are not steps that should be taken to keep your PC fully protected. They are just measure to stop UAC prompts. In no way shape or form am I saying that this should be done. This is a do at your own risk suggestion. UAC is there for protection. Disabling it can adversely affect your system and these suggestions are not endorsed by me, Microsoft or Tech-Forums in any way.

I said that cause i have to. People might get the wrong idea and think that this is a good thing. It is not. It is just how to work with UAC if you must. These steps can allow drive by downloads to happen and your system get infected.

I don't understand how these uac prompts get annoying?

All you gotta do is click okay... Stay away from linux, cause it asks for your psasword.

But oh well, i'd rather a couple warnings than lose my system.

No, everything will still start up normally. If you have AV now you'll have AV under the hidden admin account. WHat happens is the hidden admin account doesn't get prompted like you are getting prompted now.

What we were saying is that doing this bypasses the major security feature of the OS, so you risk having virus's and spyware installing themselves w/o your permission if you get infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom