Front panel to motherboard connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike1

Baseband Member
Hi

I am doing a PC build and there is some leads on the front panel that I am not sure of where they may or may not go on my motherboard , they are labled as follows :

1. L-Ret - 1pin
2. R-Ret - 1pin
3. R-Out - 1pin
4. L-Out - 1pin
5. Mic Power - 1pin
6. Mic-In - 1pin

The connections I have left on the motherboard are as follows:

1 . COMB 2x5pin ( what does COMP stand for ) ! .
2. AUX_IN 4pin
3. CD IN 4pin
4. SPDF 3pin
5. TELE 4pin

any help would be highly appreciated , excuse me if some of these seem obvious .

cheers

I think these are connections from the case and so the motherboard manual probably will not be much use.
The best thing you can do is tell us what case you have and in the mean time trace the cables back to the ports/lights/whatever on the front panel to see if you can find anything. Alternatively if the case came with a manual that would be the place to start.

Hi there

The motherboard connections I have given you , the front panel cables are from a new atx case , but there was no paperwork with the case , so I was wanting to know what the cable labels from the new case mean and where they would go on a motherboard .

cheers

motherboard manual does actually label those connections

those L/R-ret/out are your audio/speaker connectors
mic in/power obviously for mic

1 . COMB 2x5pin ( what does COMP stand for ) ! .
not sure which one to go by

aux in for your audio in (ie plugging in MP3 player to computer and play songs from it)
CD in for your optical
SPDF? I think you meant SPDIF? also audio

motherboard manual does actually label those connections

those L/R-ret/out are your audio/speaker connectors
mic in/power obviously for mic

not sure which one to go by

aux in for your audio in (ie plugging in MP3 player to computer and play songs from it)
CD in for your optical
SPDF? I think you meant SPDIF? also audio

Hi
thanks for all your help , I did think that the L/R where for Headphones , speakers , but I didn't know where they would go on the motherboard , it is obvious that I will have to get a sound card .

cheers

what motherboard do you have? You can download a manual for it. My motherboard has onboard sound and has pins for the front panel connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom