to what GHZ can you OC the P4 3.6GHZ chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csw3190

In Runtime
Anyone who has oc'ed this or knows someone who's successfully done it, post your top results here, and state what cooling system you used.

i can't afford one :angry:

Maximum PC was able to get around 3.97ghz air-cooled. It's in the current latest magazine right now. The mobo was a Asus P5AD2 Premium.

didn't even know theres a 3.6 ghz processor on the market... whats the fastest speed (out of the box) right now? from like a retail place...i thought it was 3.3

Alienware has a 4Ghz processor out now for there ALX systems. I personally don't like Intels but I think that the the new Pentium 4's are pretty sweet.

Gl\l0m!$h said:
actually there jus shipping it @ 4ghz its really like a 3.6 or sumtin

right, AW claims (which i'm not doubting) they OC the P4 3.6 to 4.0GHZ before shipping

Well toms hardware guide website set a world record overclock of a 3.4GHz chip to like 5.25GHz I think it was...but yeah lol that was liquid nitrogen cooled just for the CPU..had ice crystals forming around it....then they had the vapochill setup just for the NB alone. They stuck an electric thermometer underneath their homemade 'heatsink' I guess you could say and it read -190.3 Don't know what the temps read from like the BIOS or anything but yeah they had to have a specially constructed board to handle the extra wattages. Heres the link for that article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20031230/index.html

yea its sweet circa but u guys no how much it costs?
$5,458
and thas without any upgrades or nething

Psht anything alienware you're paying like 50% of the price because it says ALIENWARE on the case... Thats just retarded :rolleyes: brand names are getting ridiculous today..you're paying more for a name than you are an actual product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom