Epic freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you run memtest on the ram to see if it is bad? also make sure the hdd is fully connected to the mobo, my pc would do this when i first built my first pc and it turned out to be the sata cable was broken and would slide loose after a few min.

It's brand new RAM, but I'm testing anyway. I'll check the connections in a bit, but i'm almost positive they're all nice and solid. They could have chip creeped out though, I suppose. It didn't take very long if they did!

Edit: Memtest went as expected, nothing wrong. The connection was also nice and tight.

Well in order to clone a drive you need to have the other first :). That's the only solution I can think of right now.

Well in order to clone a drive you need to have the other first :). That's the only solution I can think of right now.

Yup. Lucky for me I have other drives anyway.

EDIT: I was able to leave it overnight in safe mode with no problems. It still happens in normal mode. I reinstalled my GFX drivers, same prob. I'm back to thinking its software related. What does windows not use in safe mode that could be causing this in regular mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom