can you duel boot from different HD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
only problem I'm having left is the SM bus controller, Usually it's just a reinstall of the chipset for my MB and that gets fixed but unfortunatly the drivers for the chipset are not supported with win 7 and stopps the install every time I try. Maybe I'll try the win xp drivers and see if it accepts those since the Vista ones keep getting stopped, These are from Asus not the CD so they are the newest and tried the older ones already. Hope I can get this fixed.

Dauntae

not yet, still figuring this out and how to find everything LOL thanks for the tip

I thought I seen how to use compatibility mode, However could you give me a quick how to, Can't find how anymore

Thanks
Dauntae

Right click on the executable then select properties. There you will see a tab called Compatibility. There check the box for Compatibility Mode and select Vista (For the Vista Drivers) and then select Run as Admin. (That is not necessary. Just a suggestion)

Click okay and then run the application.

Compatibility.png

Thank you Mak, Worked like a charm, I can't get the the EVGA Precision to work but it installs fine it just won't let me adjust anything but not a issue, Just won't let it get worked too hard, Going to try to update the driver for the video card to the newer ones and see if I get anyware, I still can't believe this windows had all the drivers for everything except the SM bus controller.

Thanks again
Dauntae

Loving Win 7

Yes this is a known issue and feedback has already been submitted to Microsoft about the issue with some nforce boards. Sadly at this time it seems that nVidia will have to update its drivers to work with Win7 cause there was some core changes to the OS since Vista which is causing some driver not to work properly.

I downloaded 180.48 for the video and now EVGA Precision is working the way it should, One more thing I found out is when I play a DVD on win 7 it looked almost like HD so I rebooted into XP and the quality was way below the windows 7, I'm liking this more and more.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom