Thinking about building

Status
Not open for further replies.

gula187

In Runtime
hey guy im new to the forum and im thinking about building a high performance computer something like a super computer.....my question is what will it take to accomplish that? i want as much space and fast as possible because i download a LOT of music,movies and pictures

welcome to tech forums!
well, first fo all if your just using your computer for, music movies and pictures regardless of amounts you wont need a so called 'supercomputer' which would be a intel core i7/gtx 295 system if you were gaming. so what are you exactly going to be using this for and what is your budget?

in all seriousness the most you need to spend for the best computer would be 2000. after that the money you spend gets you little whats its really worth per dollar.

thanks man i do game every now and then and i want a pretty good graphics card because i know most of the new games require that you have pretty good graphics card...i mostly use my computer for browsing the net,burning movies and music

Since he only games "now and then" I would just get a corsair 750 and 1 gtx260 core216 or something like that. Would save about $900 on the budget and if he really gets into gaming then upgrade. but one of those cards will play everything out now anyways. Sure he has the budget for quad sli (well assuming he did mean only the tower and not with a big lcd or something) but it would basically be a waste. Shoot does quad sli even work well yet...

well he said he wanted a "super computer" but i really wouldn't recommend spending 2500 on a build

What games are you looking to play gula?
Because hard drive space to store your movies/music/pictures is cheap and does not require a machine anywhere near 2500 dollars. Playing the latest games with their best settings/res does.. so how often do you game and how important is it to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom