Help me build a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I guess I forgot that. I'm getting the Sunbeam CCF and Currently i'm using a 32inch hdtv as a monitor but once it sells i'll be buying a nice pc monitor. Before I order, should I buy a small SSD to load the operating system on?

And last question (I hope! :] ) is this mobo - Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards worth 10 dollars more than this? -
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I would go with the Gigabye one.. Its only 20 $ more and it supports up to 16 gigs of ram and has more PCI-e slots..

Oh sorry I missed your first question..

I really don't think a ssd is that important. You'll be just fine without it. And if you do ever get one you'll want to get a really nice one. SO in my opinion save that for a future updgrade ;-)

In my opinion the Gigabyte is not worth more than the Biostar. It will be quite a while befor3e 16gb of ram is necessary and the extra pcie x1 slot the ud3p has is located directly beneath the primary pcie x16 slot so it will be blocked by your graphics cards cooler.

Ok guys I feel like paying all of you because you have been so helpful. I'm ordering the parts in a few minutes, but I'm looking at some fans to put into the front to slots of the antec 300 and one for the side vent. I'm looking for quietness and a good amount of cfm, and so far, 3 of these are in my shopping cart. if there is better for cheaper, please advise!

Newegg.com - Thermaltake A2492 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans

does it outperform the 4870 1gb?

Nah its the same performance, at that point you'd have to decide which is cheaper

Since you are getting a TForce TP45HP, you should go AMD if you want to upgrade your monitor to a really large one so you can CFX

Nah its the same performance, at that point you'd have to decide which is cheaper

Since you are getting a TForce TP45HP, you should go AMD if you want to upgrade your monitor to a really large one so you can CFX

Woah this is a big turn around - I dont know what CFX is and why AMD?

Thanks

CrossfireX is AMD's (also called ATI.. same company ;)) Dual Video card solution, put two video cards and get some extra performance... (and that is a cheap upgrade path if you want to take it in the future... I'm not usually one to recommend this route though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom