New User to Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
The swiftech 320s cool well within the same area that a thermochill or feser will and cost half as much though. There really is no reason to pay double the amount for 1C. A 280 on its own loop is going to run out of voltage long before it runs out of cooling from a swiftech 320. Same with the i7. My entire setup cost me somewhere around 450 for both loops.
Pumps 85 x2
Rads 55 x2
GTZ 69
20ft of masterklear = 15$

The biggest cost is going to be waterblocks for the video cards. Full cover blocks for the 280 will run you around 120 per block, or you can go with a gpu only block and use ramsinks, which will run you somewhere around 60-70 per card depending on the block and ramsinks. Personally i ran 2 dangerden maze5 gpu blocks on my 4870s and they are excellent blocks for only 40 bucks. IF i decide to jump up to 285's i'll probably reuse my mazes.

Another thing you are probably going to want to look into is finding a case that can fit all of this stuff in it. IF you are looking to go all out i suggest checking out MountainMods.com as their cases are prefitted to fit radiators.

The swiftech 320s cool well within the same area that a thermochill or feser will and cost half as much though. There really is no reason to pay double the amount for 1C. A 280 on its own loop is going to run out of voltage long before it runs out of cooling from a swiftech 320.

A Thermochill or Feser 120.3 rad does offer a fairly significant boost in max heat dissipation.

In an unsaturated loop the difference is minuscule, but go past a point and the MCR will start to struggle.

The difference is the Dual Pass design coupled with the increased thickness that creates the added cost and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom