Need help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Ok making a long story short... I had another post but I need to start a new one...

I've tried literally everything and came down to either the mobo or the cpu is dead...

The problem was that it would boot up.. give hardly 1 beep, shutdown and back on quicker than blinking your eyes, the cpu fan then ran really slow and a looooong beep would occour, the beep would never stop and it was stuck on the post screen "HP" since it's an hp.. well i replaced the mobo and it just turns the fans on and runs normal, but acts like the cpu is dead... no video, etc.. so i figured it was then the cpu

Well i got another cpu and with both mobos nothing happens! it's like the cpu is dead, i haven't had the cpu tested.. I just needed to vent, thanks all!

My question is.. how can one mobo make the old cpu slightly boot but on the new mobo nothing.. and now on the new and old mobo with the new chip, nothing.. so i figure this new chip may be dead but.. dammit i'm pissed ahhhh hehe

whatever.. any ideas anyone? as to why this beep thing is occouring in the old mobo and not the new one though? I really want this answered because I'm really upset right now heh

on my old rig i had the same problem... well similar:

you try changing and replacing everything with something else, and it still doesnt work... I found out it was my memory - did you play with that yet (different configurations, etc)

Gosh man =/ I thought I had run into some badluck at times....thats a toughy...especially since we couldn't ever find a good enough site with beep codes that listed what might be happening with you. The only thing that could possibly be is either the new mobo or CPU you got also wound up dead lol and I'm sorry for saying lol but oh man its like one of those one in a million things.....I don't even know what to say.... =/

Let me see if I have this right though:

CPU + Old mobo = boot up, boot off, boot up, BEEEEEEEEEEEE

CPU + New mobo = Absolutely nothing...power to system..fans running..but no beeps..no post..no nothing..which usually indicates CPU....which I know you then did...

New CPU + New Mobo = Again..absolutely nothing..power to system..fans running...no beeps..no post??

Do I have that all right?

maybe MBD is accidently grounded to the case? sorry, thought you said earlier that the CPU fan had problems spinning ;) try disconnecting all non essential things, like cdrom, floppy (if you have one), network/modem, basically have only HDD, memory, CPU and vidcard. take the keyboard and mouse out, too.. 'course it'll give you an error but hopefully you'll get a screen. maybe the PSU???

ahhh yes the PSU....derr why didn't I think of that..good point.....weren't you the one demalli who said you had just purchased the PSU not too long ago? Could have been defective?

no no that was on my case.. i've literally tried everything on this case i'm talking about here, the psu, everything.. as i did with my case.. come to find the psu i used to test was bad also though (on my case)... Yes i tried unplugging everything.. when i said "lemme make this short" i promiss i tried everything

Anyways, you've got that info right nubius.. it's been just a shity **** etc.. day hehe

Anyways, you've got that info right nubius.. it's been just a shity **** etc.. day hehe

sucks man.......have had my share of those plenty of times. I get quite a bit of bad computer luck. God I hate computers sometimes....oh man...I just don't even know what to suggest....sounds like when I first got my FX 5700 ....went through 5 days of troubleshooting hell and still never got it to work....wound up having to buy a whole new mobo

yea i give up lol.. i just pray this new cpu and mobo DO work though, because I'm just going to build another damn computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom