Building my First PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 to Hussein; when in doubt, newegg.

If you want to go with an AMD instead, you need a different board...and I have a recommendation believe it or not.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

That board has a nice onboard card, you won't even need to buy a seperate one if you don't game. And the onboard can handle medium gaming fairly well with low to mid resolutions and mid to high quality. And there's a rebate. Great mobo for the price.

With that, you'll save loads of money. The intel CPU/mobo/video card combo was about 360 before shipping/rebates, the amd/mobo is 233 before shipping/rebates. That's over 100 bucks back in your pocket, so not a bad deal.

EDIT: The PSU will be just fine, you aren't running anything super high end like an expensive video card. And it's a good quality, which means it will be a true 500w.

Well, i think the Q6600 is still a better CPU, but saving over 100 bucks is a nice bang. The Phenom is plenty fast in its own right, so I think it would be better bang for buck...though it would be great if Hussein seconded that so I feel more confident, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom